Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaywindsor
Binge Watcher

Screen blanking periodically on Roku ulra. Audio remains and screen returns after about 10 seconds.

Hi there. Looking to resolve an issue with my Ultra. Periodically (on all channels - so Disney / Prime / Netflix/ Rakuten) the screen will suddenly black out during playback with audio remaining and then return after about 10 seconds. Sometimes this happens once in a film, sometimes 2 or 3 times. I have reviewed other posts and tried multiple things and will list them out.

My set up is roku ultra to amp to projector; all hdmi are relatively new and high quality. Display is set to auto which defaults to 4k HDR10). The model number of the unit is 4802X - software version 12.5.0 build 4178-C2 device ID S0DA222Y8G69. The connection to ultra is wired with 1GB internet so no speed issue as the unit is caps out at 100MB.

On reading similar posts I have cleared the cache and have also turned the auto-adjust display refresh rate off in the advanced display settings as thought this would cure it. It doesn't. I have run an Apple TV on the exact same set up and get no issues whatsoever so it can't be cabling or other issues, it has to be something on the Roku. I would switch out to apple permanently but I can integrate roku better into my smart set up and have sticks elsewhere in the house for consistency. 

Super keen to here thoughts on this. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
tomothy

Re: Screen blanking periodically on Roku ulra. Audio remains and screen returns after about 10 secon

Experiencing the same problem with a Roku Ultra, connected via HDMI through audio amplifier to TV.

I, too, have tried the auto-adjust display refresh rate setting; it didn't solve the problem. Additionally, the screen doesn't just go black during a 'program change' (a cut to commercial, or a change in video source) - the screen goes black during a steady stream (during a continuous stream of content, such as mid-movie or mid-episode).

Anxious to hear ideas and solutions, too!

0 Kudos
jaywindsor
Binge Watcher

Re: Screen blanking periodically on Roku ulra. Audio remains and screen returns after about 10 secon

That's exactly what I get Tomothy - generally right in the middle of a crucial scene!

0 Kudos
SKM31

Same here. Wish someone had an answer…ROKU

0 Kudos