Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rumble being blocked by roku

Jump to solution

@Spartan_Warrior 

I believe the issue is with your Roku device, and not actually with Rumble.  The 3400 model is considered a "legacy device" and cannot be upgraded past OS 9.1.  Supported Roku models are currently on OS 11.5.

I just tested with Rumble with a Premiere+ 3921 that was on 10.0.0 (build 4209-91), and it would not load.  Just stuck on a white screen.  Rumble TV also failed to load.

Rumble will load and work fine on my other Roku devices that are at 11.5, so since not loading with 10.0, safe to assume will not work with 9.1.  Other channels/apps still loaded on my Premiere+.

I would say time to get yourself a new device capable of running the latest Roku OS if you wish to watch and use Rumble on Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you, mystery solved. Will be purchasing a new Roku player. 

Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm ready to place my order for the Roku Ultra but have a question. Will the DVR allow me to skip commercials for programs I've recorded? 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Spartan_Warrior 

None of the Roku devices have DVR capability.  Any DVR feature would be a channel/app feature (cloud-based DVR).  As such, commercial skipping would be dependent on whether the channel/app you are using allows for it.

I don't use any channels/apps with DVR capability so I'm not informed as to which ones would, or would not, allow the commercial skipping.  If the commericial is recording in the program itself, I would assume you could FF through them, but if the commercial/ad is part of the service (rather than recorded into the program), I would assume you could not. (Again, just a guess though so don't rely on my assumptions.)

Since streaming allows for more on-demand type of viewing, I just haven't discovered a personal need for DVR capability.  Others may be available to weigh in with some thoughts for you on this, though.

Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks, misread the description. That being the case, think I'll just order the Roku Streaming stick 4K. I assume this will allow me to stream Rumble?

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Spartan_Warrior 

Yes, you should be good to go with the Streaming Stick 4k (3820).  👍

ktm990adv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the ROKU Ultra and am having the same problems everyone else is having.

ktm990adv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe the "Subject Title" " Rumble being blocked by ROKU" IS true for certain channels. e.g. Infowars, RT News and most recently, Redacted. I have the most recent Roku Ultra unit.

Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have since purchased a new 4K streaming Stick and can now stream Rumble. Make sure you have the Rumble app and not Rumble TV, which was has probably been discontinued by now. 

Mdoback

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Fox News.   Pix goes to black or displays the buffer icon showing 13% and never loads!   Don’t need the drama!