Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dataguy99
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming channel freezes at commerials

The freeze at commercials is still happening. Any series episodes... Very frustrating... From what I am reading, it is not specific to a Roku device or to a particular person';s account, but it an issue with the whole  streaming process. Please address this issue ASAP. - Ticked in Texas

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Dataguy99 

It is really odd that some people are running into these issues. I've had none of them, and it's not clear what might be the difference.

And that's one of the hard things about fixing an issue that impacts a small percentage of users. Until the cause can be found, it's almost impossible to fix. Report as much as you can about your setup (model number, OS version, ISP, location (state if USA). All of these can be helpful with determining a pattern to help pinpoint the cause.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

helwi1rm

We have been having the same problem and it is getting frustrating.  It only started in the past few weeks.  We have 3 Roku devices and would like this resolved. 

Leb1973

We have been experiencing the same issue. Any update on how to fix this problem?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@helwi1rm @Leb1973

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you seeing this issue occur on?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JS335

Mine freezes while watching live Fubo on any channel. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @JS335

We're here to help!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Does the freezing also occur during a commercial? Please provide us as well the model number of your Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
killertunes
Reel Rookie

I've been experiencing this on two 3920X - Roku Premieres. One of their serial numbers is YH008T187134. They were purchased at the same time during an upgrade promotion directly from Roku. Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-91. Device ID K43038187134.

I've seen this happen only on the Roku channel. While watching any show that has commercials. During a commercial is just freezes on the commercial. I think it only does it on an still image like at the end of the Midea commercial or the Stelara commercial.

It's a PITA because I can watch 2 minutes of commercials to have it hang on the last commercial. When I exit and restart the show it makes me watch 2 more minutes of commercials. It's bull**bleep** frankly.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @killertunes 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos