Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peted97
Level 7

Roku “not connected”, remote not working

Hello,

I recently bought a Roku 4K Streaming Stick (about a month ago). I’m experiencing the same issues listed above. The top right corner of my tv reads “not connected” even though I have tested my wifi connection multiple times. My remote will not work, nor will the hard reset you mentioned lead to a re-pair. Could you please help me out with this?

Model: 3820X // SN: S08Y4259T8JS

Thank you,

Peter

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku “not connected”, remote not working

@peted97, are you using the USB cable with the Wi-Fi receiver in it?  Without it, the stick won't work and the remote will do nothing.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
peted97
Level 7

Thank you!! That was the issue. I swapped to a longer cord… 

0 Kudos
muzical1
Level 8

Roku Danny, I am having the same issue. My unit was working fine, then it "froze" and now even tho I see the dancing "ROKU" when I plug/unplug, I get "no signal" and the remote won't pair or do anything. I tried to find how to PM you, but can't quite figure that out lol

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@muzical1

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried disconnecting and unplugging your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if you can get past the bouncing Roku screen? If you can get to the Roku main Home screen, we would then recommend trying to reconnect and power up your wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos