Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Medowns
Reel Rookie

Roku channel won’t play any show

Roku channel. Loads okay but once you select a show  and click play. It shows loading  and the kicks out. Does this on a Roku tv and a Roku box.  Have removed the channel rolled the device and then added it back.  Still not working. 
all other channels work on both devices

3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel won’t play any show

Greeting @Medowns

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us posted if this helps. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
LisaC

Most of my roku channels are not working.   Especially my news, OAN, Real America's Voice,  etc.  All i get is a black screen.   I've done everything listed to fix but nothing works.   What's the problem folks.   Fix your stuff.   This has been 3 days now.   You can't all be this incompetent. 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @LisaC

Thanks for giving us a head up. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing so we can best assist you. As suggested above, have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? Could you also tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos