Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrinceLH
Streaming Star

Re: Roku channel will not play any shows

I've tried all of the idea's that I've been given, still no live channels.  Been 11 weeks since the Roku channel has worked.  YOU NEED TO DO A MAJOR UPDATE TO THE APP!  My cousin is having the same issues.  It's about time that your tech support gets a new version and stop screwing around with stuff that doesn't work.  I have 4 devices and all of them don't work.  I'm guessing that you're having issues with people using VPN routers to spoof their Zip codes to get programming from outside their DMA.  Screw that, trying to prevent it.  It's not your job to police this, it's the FCC.  Just make it work for all concerned.  All in all, it's not a major crime if people try to go around the blocking of programming.  That's between them and the greedy programmers who try to maximize every aspect of making max dollars.  Your job is to get the programming online.  Besides, the big steaming services like Peacock and Paramount will get their dollars from wherever.  Nobody loses here, except those who are facing a blank screen trying to access your programming.

tvmaster
Channel Surfer

Is everyone who's having this problem in Canada, and NOT hooked up to either a mobile phone tether, a VPN, something that doesn't say Rogers or Bell when the IP is communicating with the Roku servers?  It seems odd so many people are having this problem and Roku doesn't seem to be doing anything...

PrinceLH
Streaming Star

It's just stupid.  I have a cousin that's not on here and he too is having the same issue.  Why it gives you the guide, preferences for you, channel banner and TV channel number but no live TV is beyond me.  They keep asking for the same **bleep** information and still nothing gets done.  How many months should this continue on?  If it's an issue with people using VPN's or are offshore, it's not their business.  It's between the FCC and the person downloading the programming.  There is no live sports on the Roku Channel, so the sports leagues won't care.  It's just incompetency at Roku.  What are they paying for in regards to tech support?

sherig

Having same issue here. No one should have to connect to an alternative wireless network to see if it still happens. Obviously with this many ppl reporting it, it's NOT an ISP issue - that's just a lazy way for Roku techs to not do their jobs!

Krissybabe73
Binge Watcher

Absolutely agree with you all, it's absolutely stupid with this many people waiting months for their own platform to actually work! It's laughable that all the other apps play fine on the ROKU device all except the any apps that are either the Roku based one or their actual channels. It's about time we all began giving Roku a one star only rating and review, on every single platform and place that sells Roku devices then they'll actually start trying to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
PrinceLH
Streaming Star

They keep asking me for the same information over and over again.  I refuse to keep playing this game.  This issue is too widespread to be an isolated issue.  I've seen people posting this issue for over a year now.  A WHOLE YEAR!  What kind of company does this to their customers?  Of course, 2 of my 4 TV's are Roku TV's and I also have 2 streaming sticks.  I'm tired of this game.  Maybe they need to start rebating us all some money for not doing what they advertised.  I've already noticed that TCL is now moving away from Roku after being on board for many years.  I do have a newer Sony that's Amazon backed, with a Roku stick.  All 4 of my units are all down, with a Dark screen and the guide works.  No live TV.  What more can we do?  We wait and we boil.  I'll tell you one thing, I'll not purchase any 3rd party programming through Roku ever again.  They did this to themselves by their tardy behavior and ambivalence.  Sickening.

PrinceLH
Streaming Star

I've tried 3 different ISP's and it's still the same.  I also set up a mobile hotspot......same problem.  I have a cousin on Explornet, he has the same issues.  No VPN's, nothing.  I also shut off my VPN's and nothing.  Sad commentary for this company.  Sure, they'll come on here and ask me to send them pick shots of my setup.  I've done it numerous times and tried everything that they've asked.  No more!  Fix it now and stop shuffling it onto the people who you should be supporting.

0 Kudos
PrinceLH
Streaming Star

Another week, another week with no Roku Channel fix.  When are they going to reformat their channel so this issue goes away forever?  What's the big deal?  It's free programming, unless you integrate a pay service into the Roku channel.  Roku has asked for information and I've submitted it numerous times.  I'm not sure what they want, but it's not working here.  I'm sure I'll get another automated response from this latest post, but you have to keep on them to fix the issue.  So here I am for another week.

Krissybabe73
Binge Watcher

@PrinceLH yes I totally agree with you, another week along and I also still can't watch any Roku channels either. Also like yourself I have my own post regarding this issue and also have submitted the information over and over again. 

0 Kudos
kirinir
Reel Rookie

New IP Address - new Router/internal network - still no Roku channel playing

My Public IPv4:

My IP Location:

Santa Clara, CA US

My ISP:

Stumpner Netservice UG

0 Kudos