Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekimfer
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra will pause, but jumps to curren point of program

Jump to solution

When I pause live tv for 5 mins or more, The paused program will switch automatically to the Roku bouncing logo. When I try to unpause, it will jump to the current point of the program and will not let me rewind to where I paused.

Any solutions to this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra will pause, but jumps to curren point of program

Jump to solution

What app are you using?  Many apps that offer "live" streams don't allow you to pause at all.  Roku devices have very limited memory, so even on the ones that do you can't pause indefinitely.  Once the memory is full, you start losing something.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What app are you using?  Many apps that offer "live" streams don't allow you to pause at all.  Roku devices have very limited memory, so even on the ones that do you can't pause indefinitely.  Once the memory is full, you start losing something.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ekimfer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for explanation. I am using Fubo as my app.

I've found that if I press record once I start watching "live" TV, I'm  able to RW & FF as needed. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.