Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krish956

Roku Ultra randomly plays a sound during shows after recent updates

Ever since the an update in the last couple weeks, my Roku Ultra will randomly play a sound while watching something. I’ve heard it in Netflix and Hulu. Sounds like some sort of Audio Logo but I’m not familiar with it.

Anyone else have this issue?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra randomly plays a sound during shows after recent updates

Hi @krish956,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing a sound issue with the Roku Ultra after a software update. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Does the issue only occur on Hulu and Netflix channels or all channels on your Roku device?
  • Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried removing any channel you observe this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again.
  • Have you tried taking a look here at our Support resources and following the steps to help resolve your sound issue? How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos