Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
immsbhaven
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra having crackled, muffled, and very low sound

April 2024  

I have 2 separate issues! I hear a pop-screech sound from the Ultra then this happens:

1. The Audio sounds goes very loud with a crackled/Muffled until I reset it.  

2. Very very low sound. It will just suddenly happen. Either or both. Until I reset it. 

And I’ve checked everything, I have to restart several times daily. The sound is normal, then suddenly it sounds like a bad 1950’s  audio recording….Crackling, muffled, scratchy, loud distorted mess. 
Other times sound will be normal, then I hear a pop-screech sound from the ultra  and the sound goes super super low. 

All my ultras worked fine for about 1.5 years, so it has to be in one of system software updates because all 3 of my Ultras started having sound issues at the same time period. 

THE PROBLEM IS NOT ON THE USERS END!

ONE OF YOUR UPDATES SCREWED SOMETHING UP!!!  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Crackled, muffled, and very low sound

Hi @immsbhaven,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your audio streaming issues on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, please provide us with more details.

• Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems)
  • Do you have any other Roku devices? If yes, are the other Roku device(s) experiencing the same issue with the audio?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • What software version is your Roku device currently running? (Check on Settings > System > About.)

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
immsbhaven
Channel Surfer

Re: Crackled, muffled, and very low sound

I have 3 Rokus and they all have these same sound issues. Today, one dropped sound completely, which is new! Another issue to add to the list. 
I do not have any other things plugged into tv, just the Roku Ultra. 

Roku software version is 12.5.5 build 4174-46

ive done everything on my end to fix this  

it’s been going on for over a year now, 

I have to reset daily, sometimes a few times daily  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @immsbhaven.

We apologize for this experience. We appreciate your patience in dealing with this.

May we know how you are reproducing the issue? Are there any channels affected by this audio issue? Could you tell us the steps you have taken so far?

Additionally, please provide us with the following details so we can look closely into your devices:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Please continue to keep us informed so we can continue assisting.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
immsbhaven
Channel Surfer

It happens on every app I use. Sling, Netflix, max, Hulu prime. All of them. 

I can’t reproduce it as I don’t do anything, it does it all by itself. Sounds goes up and scratchy sounding & other times it goes super low and I can barely hear it when volume is maxed out. 

I have 3 Ultra LT’s  but I’m only send info on one because I already put away the other 2 from the first person who asked questions. 

model 4662RW, serial YJ0011665284, software version 12.5.5 build 4174-46, device ID 046071665284

Connected to a Samsung tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your response, @immsbhaven.

Our appropriate team is currently aware of this issue and would like to look closely into the devices affected. With that being said, we'll also request for this detail:

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

We're hoping for your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
immsbhaven
Channel Surfer

The sound just turned distorted, loud and scratchy, here’s the resulted from the 5 home, 5 back instructions  

Issue report tracker

Model: 4662RW - Roku Ultra LT

Serial number: YJ00GD322249 (04605G322249)

Software version: 12.5.5 • build 4174-46

GC version: 11.3.24

Timestamp: 2024-04-20T00:29:03Z

Please use issue ID 49-158-429 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
immsbhaven
Channel Surfer

Also,

I was watching the Max app at the time. 
but it happens on everything. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the follow-up, @immsbhaven.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos