Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZooKeeper4
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra LT and HDHomeRun - No audio on ATSC 1.0 or 3.0

I ended up getting a Roku Ultra this past November when they went on sale.  There is audio for both ATSC 3.0 and 1.0.  Most of the ATSC 3.0 channels are encrypted now.  Until the drm issue is resolved, I won't be able to view those channels.  ATSC 1.0 channels can still be viewed.  They just don't come in very well for me.

0 Kudos
ZooKeeper4
Channel Surfer

Clarified to add that I bought the Roku Ultra NOT the Roku Ultra LT.  It was $69 on Black Friday.

0 Kudos
ZooKeeper4
Channel Surfer

I am still unable to get the stations that have turned on drm.  It is such a disappointment.  Public TV is supposed to be available at no cost.  It provides valuable informational and entertainment content.  As it is, I have already had to invest in the HDHomeRun just to get local stations.  

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Unfortunately, the DRM issue is not specific to Roku devices. I can't play them with my Shield either. It doesn't appear to be Silicon Dust' fault, as they aren't being given the access needed to support DRM without paying a significant licensing fee.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.