Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAdhik

Roku Ultra Audio Issues when using all apps

I'm having audio issues with my Roku Ultra. Volume fluctuation, Chirps, distorted sound. I did everything roku support staff suggested - reset, power cycle, hard reset on the device, check software updates, changes HDMI cables.... still the issue remains. Support person asked me to go buy another roku device since the warranty is over. It seems like lot of other people are having similar issue. Why would they ask to buy a new device if they cant fix the issues with their devices. If anyone figured out a way to fix this issue please suggest. This happens only using app through roku device. Thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra Audio Issues when using all apps

You didn't mention which Ultra model you have (there are many:  4640, 4660, 4661, 4662, 4670, 4800, 4801, 4802, 4850):  Settings/System/About

There are differences in optimal settings as well depending on whether the model has a Dolby decoder.

For a 4640, 4800, 4802, and 4850 you need to change: Settings/Audio/Digital output format = Passthrough

For all other models (4660/4661/4662/4670/4801) you can leave Settings/Audio/Digital output format = Auto

For ALL player models (including non-Ultra models) you need to disable all sound modes including Volume Leveling and Dialogue Enhancement which are enabled by default in most firmware versionsDuring playback Options (*)/Sound settings/Customize sound modes/Volume Leveling or Dialogue Enhancement = Off

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.