Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express Stopped Streaming All Channels

Jump to solution

Yes I just spent an hour with support trying all their “fixes”. They ended the chat after saying it’s a provider issue and not a Roku issue. Which is obviously bull. So frustrated  

Khaf4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It definitely is not a provider issue! I can go to the tv connected to my fire stick and have zero problems. Go to either of my Rokus and it won’t play the movie that I just had playing on the fire stick!! 

Raezane
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I wish i had access to support.  

0 Kudos
aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

And the channels all work on my Roku stick. So it’s an Express issue

aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok after more research the express will work on my newer tv (bought last year) but not on my older ones. So the update must have done something to older TVs that don’t have 4k

0 Kudos
Raezane
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well they better be working on a patch. My TV is 2 years old, not buying a new one.  If they can’t fix this issue, I won’t be buying a new roku either. I’ll switch to chrome cast or back to the fire stick

0 Kudos
aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Re: Can’t view any content on Roku express

Jump to solution

Many discussions about this. It’s an Express wide issue. From my testing, it appears to be with express and older TVs (not 4k enabled). My Roku stick works fine on all 3 TVs. My Express works fine on my new tv (bought last year), but my Express won’t work on my old TVs. Support trouble-shooted everything they could think of then just basically gave up

0 Kudos
aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m hoping they are monitoring this page too, because they seem to think it’s just a Paramount issue. 

here are my responses to the request. really hope you can fix it, otherwise I’m buying another product 

If you are experiencing a playback error on the Paramount+ channel, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) Model: 3930RW-Roku Express
  •  
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button) several channels: Netflix version 5.1 build 105029012, Paramount version 7.9 build 202212122, Hulu version 6.66 build 0, Peacock version 4.1 build 12, Discovery+ version 3.9 build 0 - just to name a few
  •  
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID) - Hulu: GS-018-389, Peacock: GS-018-390, Discovery: GS-018-392, Paramount: GS-018-393, Netflix: GS-018-394
  •  
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing - I have tried everything to fix. System reset, factory reset, router reset, uninstall/reinstall channel. Nothing fixes and it happens every time I try to watch any show on these channels
0 Kudos
aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This worked for me!! I can get channels now!

Clear Roku TV’s Cache

Try clearing Roku TV cache if you are still experiencing the issue.

To do this, all you need is your Roku TV remote.

Once you have it, follow the procedures below (in the order as listed below) to clear your cache:

• First, select the Home tab
  • Now, press the ‘Home’ buttonon your TV remote 5 times
  • Next, press the ‘Up arrow’ button on your remote once
  • After that, press the ‘Rewind’button twice
  • Then, press the ‘Fast forward’button twice

If you do this correctly in that other, your TV should go blank and restart after a few seconds. Now, your TV cache has been cleared.

BBScout
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku apps are not working on any of my four devices.  I have unplugged and rebooted. I have checked the internet.  No Go!!!

Roku FIX YOUR PROBLEM! This is not a user error by a system wide issue.  FIX IT!!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.