Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corinnahrn

Re: ABC Channel is horrible

It has never worked properly. Multiple Roku products, same issue with ABC and ABC only

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @corinnahrn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Are you getting any error codes or messages? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ellcarl
Reel Rookie

I suddenly started having this problem with the ABC app in the past few weeks. It opens and then boots me back to the Roku home screen almost immediately. I've tried removing the app, updating everything and restarting the Roku. Nothing works. It started happening on one of my streaming sticks and now it happens on all of my Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ellcarl,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Sincere regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ShoNuffHarlem
Channel Surfer

I already told you it's ABC (the provider's) error not Roku. The issue is why Roku allows apps that don't launch in their store. 

0 Kudos