Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbella1763

Problems Streaming HULU consistently

Jump to solution

I used to hit HULU on my menu screen and my name would come up automatically, no problem each time. Then, something happened and I had to "sign-in" to HULU with my email address and password. It kept telling me my password was incorrect, so I went to my desktop and changed it to start fresh.  THEN it said my wifi connection had an issue, so I rebooted and the changed password finally worked. When I went to stream HULU again, same thing. It made me sign in to my HULU account instead of doing it automatically like it always had. Didn't accept my password over and over then said connection was bad.  I can't go through having to unplug my modem every time I want to use HULU.  Something is WRONG.  I feel it.  Hulu is my go-to streaming channel and I don't want to give it up, but I'm not doing this every time.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problems Streaming HULU consistently

Jump to solution

Hi @dbella1763,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Hulu channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Visit our support page for additional troubleshooting here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Roku Support

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problems Streaming HULU consistently

Jump to solution

Hi @dbella1763,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Hulu channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Visit our support page for additional troubleshooting here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Roku Support

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.