Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

[OS 12.0] Tablo Quad/Roku Ultra lockup

Roku updated software to version 12.0.0.0 Build 4171 yesterday but freeze is still happening.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 12.0] Tablo Quad/Roku Ultra lockup

Hi @BamaInArk 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding your Roku device updating to the latest OS 12.0 and you are still experiencing an issue.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @BamaInArk 

Thanks for your patience while investigated the issue you are experiencing with Tablo Quad and your Roku Ultra device.

At this time, we ask that you are see if you are still experiencing an issue. In addition, can you please provide us with your Roku device current OS and build that can be found in Settings > System > About.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

Current Roku software version is 12.0.0 build 4184-46.

And yes it is still occurring annoyingly too often.  I find I can mitigate it somewhat at the end of a program viewing by hitting the Rewind button a few times before hitting the Back button.  By doing this it doesn't seem to happen as much but still happens too often.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @BamaInArk 

Thanks for the follow up.

I'll go ahead and pass along your update to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. Once I have another update to provide, I'll be sure to post an update in this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

FYI...I just noticed this topic seems to have been broken off of my original topic here:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/OS-11-5-Tablo-Quad-Roku-Ultra-lockup/td-p/8283...

This topic appears to start on 4/12/23 however my original topic was initially posted on 10/17/22.  At some point my topic was merged with another similar topic.   Appears they got discombobulated.  Although now I cannot be sure if I simply started a new topic which I doubt I did.

Also I would like to point out another way this lockup is occurring.   I rarely ever watch a recording to the end of recording where it should automatically bring up the screen for you to save, mark as watched or delete.   I now notice that whenever I let a recording play until the end the same freeze/lockup occurs.  So you can add this to view this happening.

0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

I'm hearing on the Tablo user forums that the Roku 12.5 software is now rolling out and some are suggesting that seems to fix the lockup issue.   A few of my devices were just updated to 12.5 however still waiting for my Rolu Ultra to update past 12.0.  Hopefully this will fix the issue being reported in this topic/thread.

0 Kudos