Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

[OS 11.5] Tablo Quad/Roku Ultra lockup

I am using a Tablo Quad, the original model, using firmware 2.2.42.   I view through a Roku Ultra software version 11.5.  After viewing a program I hit the Back button to take me to the menu screen to then delete the program.    However now when I hit the Back button the screen goes blank and appears to freeze.   I have to hit the Home button to take me to the main menu screen and from there I can go back to the Tablo App and then select the proper option(s) to delete the recorded program.
I can duplicate this on multiple Roku Streaming Stick +s and even on a TCL/Roku TV.
While I can't be sure this seems to have began with software 11.5.

16 REPLIES 16
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Tablo Quad/Roku Ultra lockup

@BamaInArk

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue further for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-screenshots of what is happening on screen when the issue occurs so we can better understand the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

For a followup.....

I recorded NCIS and NICS: Hawaii last night.   Later I viewed NCIS without any issue but then viewed NCIS: Hawaii and had the issue after viewing NICS: Hawaii.   Here is the info asked for.

Model - 4660RW-Roku Ultra
Ser # - YJ004J200453

Device ID - CS37C4200453

Software - 11.5.0 build 4216-46

Tracker ID - 53-417-882

I have a topic on the Tablo Forums as well.  It was asked if the issue happens after a number of viewings?  I'm going to pay attention to that.

And to add as far as screen shots go....there is nothing to view since it's displaying a blank screen.

0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

And it just happened again.   I recorded a show from 9-930 today(18th).  I just finished viewing it and had the issue.   Tracker ID was 53-418-597.

First program viewed today.

0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

And again this morning.   Recorded Quantum Leap last night.   Just went to view it.  Watched the first 10 minutes then hit the Back button and got the Blank screen.

Tracker ID 53-418-631

0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

Looks like 11.5.0  Build 4225 software is rolling out.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BamaInArk

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

So it appears the updated Roku software 11.5.0 build 4225-46 didn't fix the issue.   Just happened again this morning.   Viewing "FBI: Most Wanted" and when done hitting the Back key got a blank screen.

Tracking ID:  53-420-078

0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

Seems a new build, 4235-46, is rolling out.  Let's see if that fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
azladi5
Reel Rookie

The latest update did not fix the issue.

0 Kudos