Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noelgoo
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] Roku Ultra wakes up with menus in miniature

I've got a Roku Ultra (4800X) running OS version 11.5.0.4225-C2 Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

Often times when I wake it up, all the menus and channels will be in a mini format, like shown in the first picture (second picture for reference of it displaying normally/correctly). I think this behavior started after the 11.5 update.

This goes away just fine after a restart, but I don't want to restart my Roku every time I want to use it of course.

Anyone else have this issue or a fix? (or, more likely, I'm guessing I'll just have to wait months till they patch this in an update)

Thanks!

miniminimininormalnormalnormal

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra wakes up with menus in miniature

That's a new one!  @RokuDanny-R may want to look into it.  Have you tried disabling "power saving" under Settings->System->Power to see if it makes a difference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noelgoo

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue for you, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-are there any external devices connected in your home setup, or is the Roku Ultra connected directly to the TV
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
noelgoo
Channel Surfer

@renojimI'm sure this will be a band-aid solution, but I would much rather have it be able to go into power savings.

For now I set the resolution manually to 1080p (as apposed to auto) and that's working for now, but it hasn't been very long, we'll see in a day or two if that actually holds.

0 Kudos
noelgoo
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R

Thanks.

The model # is in the post, I can DM you the serial and Device ID if you like?

no, it's connected directly to the TV via HDMI, and I will try to get a tracker ID the next time that I see it happen, looks like changing the resolution manually has resulted in a temporary fix.

Usually to reproduce this I would turn off the TV with the roku ultra and then let it sit for a while, or overnight, and then when waking will be mini.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noelgoo

Thanks for the follow up.

Please provide the requested information either in a post reply, or in a PM.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
schleima
Binge Watcher

@noelgoo@ I'm sorry to say that @RokuDanny-R has a long history on these forums of being completely unhelpful.  He asks for info that has already been provided, copy/pasted identical posts on different forums, and may well be a terrible ai bot.

noelgoo
Channel Surfer

@schleima

Yeah, no worries, I could tell from even just this thread that he wasn't going to be of any use unfortunately..

I actually had better luck posting this issue on reddit

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@noelgoo

Thanks for the follow up.

It doesn't look like you sent me the requested information in a PM. Please be aware that without all of the needed information, we will be unable to assist you further as the appropriate Roku team will need all of the relevant details to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
schleima
Binge Watcher

@You're hilarious, @RokuDanny-R

0 Kudos