Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ssparker7

New scan for live TV channels

Jump to solution

We recently moved, so I needed to rescan for local live TV channels. I did so, and it seemed to work because it said that it had found four local channels.  However, the live tv guide still shows the couple dozen channels that we used to receive in our previous location.  Any ideas on how to get it to display the new channels it picked up and delete the old ones?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New scan for live TV channels

Jump to solution

@Ssparker7 

Unfortunately, with a RokuTV you cannot manually add or remove individual OTA/antenna channels, but you can "hide" any unwanted channels (both OTA/antenna and streaming) channels from appearing in the Guides.

You can do this under Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Manage Channels or by selecting the asterisk (✳️) button on your Roku remote while in the Live TV guide and selecting Manage Channels.  (Just select the channels you wish to hide by checking the box)

https://support.roku.com/article/4420557730839

-----

You can also try updating the zip code in the Settings and performing a System Restart and see if that helps as well. (Settings/System/Zip Code)

https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Ktp0182 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd be glad to assist you in scanning for new channels on your Live TV, and we'll provide the steps to perform a scan. Kindly follow the instructions below:

1. Navigate to Settings > TV > Inputs.

2. Then, scroll down and navigate to Live TV 

3. Select Scan for Channels and proceed to Start Finding Channels

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

We hope that you find this information helpful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Ssparker7 

Unfortunately, with a RokuTV you cannot manually add or remove individual OTA/antenna channels, but you can "hide" any unwanted channels (both OTA/antenna and streaming) channels from appearing in the Guides.

You can do this under Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Manage Channels or by selecting the asterisk (✳️) button on your Roku remote while in the Live TV guide and selecting Manage Channels.  (Just select the channels you wish to hide by checking the box)

https://support.roku.com/article/4420557730839

-----

You can also try updating the zip code in the Settings and performing a System Restart and see if that helps as well. (Settings/System/Zip Code)

https://support.roku.com/article/115012658287

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
MGoff

Jump to solution

With my Roku tv (Onn model 100012590), to remove channels that are from a previous geographic area, I scan for channels (Settings>TV inputs>Live tv>scan for channels>Start finding channels) and choose the "Start over" option. You will be prompted asking if you want to start over as all previously scanned channels and channel list will be deleted. 

0 Kudos
Ktp0182

Jump to solution

I can't find how to scan for new channels. Can you tell me please?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Ktp0182 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd be glad to assist you in scanning for new channels on your Live TV, and we'll provide the steps to perform a scan. Kindly follow the instructions below:

1. Navigate to Settings > TV > Inputs.

2. Then, scroll down and navigate to Live TV 

3. Select Scan for Channels and proceed to Start Finding Channels

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to set up and watch live TV on your Roku TV system

We hope that you find this information helpful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
tc0474

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra has no "TV" in Settings!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@tc0474, your Ultra isn't a TV, therefore no "TV" in settings.  Some settings only apply to Roku TVs which (unlike an "Apple TV") are actually TVs.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.