Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Coach TV series freezes On Ruku channel

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're experiencing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

Re: Coach TV series freezes On Ruku channel

This continues to be a problem with the "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour."  As others have stated, the "freeze" seems to occur every time a commercial starts.  This is a seriously aggravating issue.  Please fix it!

Delineator
Reel Rookie

Re: "Hitchcock Presents" Freezes

Same thing happens to me and I've tried every troubleshooting tip to correct it. I have a new LG OLED TV and a new Streaming Stick 4K+ and a new Roku Premiere. My internet connection is 108mbps and WI-FI connection "excellent". The same thing happens on both models. "Hitchcock Presents" freezes in the middle of a scene and usually right before commercials. I have to completely leave the episode and go back to resume from where I left off. It is now March 3rd and I see no evidence that tech support has addressed this issue that was first posted three months ago! PLEASE RESPOND! 

klhink

Re: Hitchcock PResents freezes

I have the same problem with captions on any series I watch for several episodes - the first few are fine, then the captions get stuck on the previous episode. 

I have an older TCL smart tv; but recently checked that it’s fully updated. Only happens on the Roku Channel (specifically after binging). When I returned to a series I watched the day before, still stuck. Shutting off set doesn’t help; shutting off captions doesn’t help. 

I also have the lockup on Alfred Hitchcock presents, I back out of the Channel and return; ‘fixes it’.

0 Kudos
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

I think it is not a problem with your TV, it is ROKU.

To unfreeze and resync CC, with ROKU device

Home

Settings

System

Power

System Restart

Restart

Some ROKU devices

Home 

Settings

System

System Restart

Again, what an aggravation!  Sigh.

0 Kudos

I have a similar problem with Crossing Jordan.  About 1/3-1/2 of the commercials freeze, often on the first of the each set of commercials.  When it freezes that carries over to the show itself.  We will hear dialogue without picture (it's still showing the frozen commercial).  If the commercial does not freeze then the show itself may do so just after the commercial.  These types of things have been happening for only a week or so.  The first time I unplugged the Roku unit, let it reset and started up again.  Once I was able to use the "go back 5 seconds" button.  Nothing seems to work consistently that I've been able to find but it seems to be a very consistent problem and ONLY on the Roku channel ... all the other streaming services we use work fine.

0 Kudos
Delineator
Reel Rookie

Re: "Hitchcock Presents" Freezes

This has now been fixed for the last couple of months! THANK YOU ROKU!

0 Kudos
Delineator
Reel Rookie

Hitchcock Presents and the Hitchcock Hour have been fixed (apparently by ROKU) for the past few months. Hope that happens with Crossing Jordan!

0 Kudos