Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agavrin
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus Bundle - ESPN+ not working

Jump to solution

@Asellus  I DID read all 6 pages of posts & responses, and I DID clearly state that I DO have a provider on MY original query. What I was asking for was a specific set of steps to follow to resolve the issue, but there doesn't seem to be one which uniformly works with 100% reliability of the outcome being consistent. I will continue to try suggested actual work-arounds with or without ESPN vonsultation.

0 Kudos
Agavrin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy Thanks for trying to more clearly explain to asellus. While these forums can be very useful, the different skill and knowledge levels can often cause more confusion or frustration than they alleviate. I, personally, find my knowledge and skills to be somewhat deficient compared to many, which was why I was seeking a clear, precise, step-by-step method to attempt. My next move is a call to ESPN on the number provided by Verizon tech support. Someone has to have found a way to get this to work. I even signed into ESPN on my Lenovo 9" tablet, and while I could get into the site, I couldn't get the videos to play. ☹️ I just want to watch a re-play/broadcast of Monday night's game and also NFL Countdown from that date. 🤞

0 Kudos
Agavrin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Asellus Just re-read this reply of yours to @HDMIGuy, and can safely say that you each know more about and have been working on this issue for much longer than I. The fact that you both have spent considerable time and effort to try to find solutions and share them with others (such as myself) with far less knowledge and skill, is greatly appreciated. I will continue to try different ways to make this work because, as a recently retired middle school history teacher, I'm not accustomed to throwing my hands in the air and giving up. It's just not in my nature. If I ever come up with a reliable set of steps to make it work, I'll be sure to post it here to "pay it forward" to others seeking help. -AG

0 Kudos
Asellus
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, someone suggested on the issue tracking thread using the ESPN app on a smart TV, but I don't know if you have a secondary smart TV at your house that is not a Roku TV that is capable of running the ESPN app. If so, I remember more than one person was pretty happy with that workaround. They said using their native Smart TV app downloaded from the TV app store was pretty much the same process as authenticating with the ESPN app on Roku, which you already seem to know how to do. I couldn't give you a step-by-step of that since I don't have a Smart TV.

If you want to try to use the website, I can try to illustrate with screenshots with a step-by-step. I only have ESPN3.

https://www.espn.com/watch/

Technically, you don't have to even be logged into your Disney account for this to work if you only want to watch ESPN. It just won't save your progress on whatever replay you're watching if you're not logged into it. So, if you go to the website and click on the profile icon in the upper right corner, there is a tv provider option. Click on that.

Capture1.PNG

From there, click on Verizon and it will take you to the Fios login. Login with your tv provider account.

Capture 2.PNG

It should take you back to the ESPN watch webpage. If it authenticated correctly, you should have a logo in the right corner like I have. Mine is AT&T U-verse.

Capture 3.PNG

From there, you should be able to click on a replay and see if you have access to it. If you don't have access to it, it should give you this message.

Capture 4.PNG

Here is a replay that shows it playing (my ESPN3). It will show your tv provider logo in the right corner.

Capture 5.PNG

If it says get TV provider, it means you're not logged in to the TV provider. Any other messages besides that are most likely going to be error messages. If you get any error messages and you plan on talking to ESPN, maybe they can help you with the website at least if you tell them what those error messages are. If you can get the website working, and you have the ability to cast to your TV from your device, you might be able to watch it on your Roku TV. I don't have a device that can cast ESPN to my Roku, so I can't give you much advice on that. Sorry it's not a solution for the Roku issue. 😞

Have a good evening! 🙂

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.