Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Disable or skip ROKU start up screen (bouncing logo)

Jump to solution

@paj3232  A Roku device or TV does not turn off. If you have a Roku device and it’s programmed to your TV it’s only turning the TV screen off. It’s not turning the power off to the Roku. You’re describing the start up screen. Do you see bouncing Roku letters. That only happens when you restart your Roku or you put power to it. If your Roku is setup it’s always on. You press the power button on your Roku remote which turns on your TV screen. Then you see the Roku home page. You should never be seeing a bouncing logo unless you removed the power physically from your Roku or you restarted it. Exactly what you are describing means that you’re physically turning on your TV and the power to your Roku. I have a Roku Stick and Ultra. Both on Samsung TVs. I press the power button on the Roku remote which turns the TV screen on and then I instantly see my Roku Home Screen. No bouncing logo

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  @Ello2022 

The only time you see a bouncing logo is when your TV is restarting or powering up from being unplugged.  You should never be seeing a bouncing logo unless you removed the power physically from your Roku or you restarted it.

That is true if everything is working properly.  In this case the bouncing logo is appearing when it should not.   I am not sure if this is a Roku problem or an LG problem.  You may have already addressed this and I missed it but have you contacted LG?  It almost sounds like somehow the TV is cutting power to the Roku operating system when you turn off the TV.  If you turn off the TV and wait about three minutes to turn it back on do you get the bouncing logo?  If not that could mean the TV is actually turning off after a certain time and not just going to sleep.  I am stumped at this point.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy  I am fully aware of the bouncing logo and how it works. Hence why I asked if it’s plugged straight into the wall or is he actually physically turning off his Roku. You should never see the bouncing logo unless your Roku lost Power or your restarting it

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232   Has your LG TV always had the bouncing logo when turned on?  I am not familiar with LG Roku TVs but is there a way to update the TV itself and not the Roku operating system?  I suspect not but just a thought.  

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy  I own 3 TCL Roku TVs. It doesn’t matter if it’s Sharp, LG or Hisense. For a minute there I was getting confused I thought he had a Roku device then I reread it. When I press the power button on my TCL remote all it does is turn the screen off. Same with any other Roku TV. They do have a lower power mode when enabled but even that does not trigger a cold start. To me pal is actually turning the tv power off somehow. Light switch? 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

In an earlier post he stated "It's directly plugged into a wall outlet that is not controlled by a switch."   I am running out of ideas.  I only have TCL Roku tvs but I suspected all other brands operated the same but was searching for something.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy  Agreed. But sometimes it takes 20 posts for someone to come clean about something. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Roku TV or a Roku device. None of them actually ever turn on or off. They merely go to sleep. I have fast start enabled on all my Roku TVs. I press the power button and within 1-2 seconds I see my Home Screen 

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

As I stated previously, no light switch is involved with the setup. This really is happening just as I described it.

paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There is nothing to come clean about, this is not user error or ignorance...

paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

How would I enable fast start on this LG OLED tv? I could try that, thanks.

0 Kudos