Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArcticThunder82
Reel Rookie

Audio sync issues with Hulu and Roku Streambar

Within the past few months or so I have noticed an issue with Hulu and audio getting out of sync.  It appears to happen during certain commercials.  Not every commercial but most of them.  I'm still trying to see if there is any pattern but so far it seems random.  I notice it after a commercial break where one of the commercials starts out silent and then gets audio back halfway through.  After that, the audio is out of sync with the video. I discovered that if you hit the right arrow button then the ok button it will bring the audio back in sync and rewinds the video slightly.  Its a workaround but it means you have to have the remote right next to you all the time and there is a second or 2 delay as it loads again.  It would be nice to have this work as it should and I'm hoping there is a solution out there.  Its also worth noting that I have a number of other Roku devices (Roku Ultra 4k, Roku Sticks, Roku 3s etc) and this audio sync issue only is present on the streambar.

I did some searching first and did find a community post about other Roku devices having the same issue.  In their case they suggested getting a cheaper streaming device because it only was an issue on 4k devices.  I bought the streambar because my TV has **bleep** speakers.  I don't have the option of picking a different device.  

Anyone out there have any solutions/suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Audio sync issues with Hulu and Roku Streambar

Hi @ArcticThunder82

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Hulu or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Hulu and then re-install again? If not,we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Pasta-Five
Reel Rookie

I am having this same issue. I have tried all the recommendations on the support site even the one noted here. I also did a firmware update on the tv. The problem still exists.  I have seen it on the Roku and Pluto channels I believe also.  We mostly watch Hulu plus live tv as we are paying for that one.  Help.

0 Kudos
ArcticThunder82
Reel Rookie

The issue is with Hulu live TV.  It happens with a number of channels.  I can't say if its all of them or not but it happens on every channel I watch regularly.

I have tried reinstalling the app and rebooting the device.  The issue appears to be always present.  

Based on the other posts, it sounds like its a problem with the Hulu app.  

Pasta-Five
Reel Rookie

Thanks. I see it is not listed as a supported device on Hulu’s website.

0 Kudos
ArcticThunder82
Reel Rookie

Wait what?  Are you saying certain Roku devices are not compatible with Hulu?  How can that be possible and more importantly where is this documented?  The Hulu app loads onto the device so from my perspective if it can be installed, it should be compatible.  Please explain further about this.  I feel like this is selling a car then finding out after that you can't use freeways.  

0 Kudos
Pasta-Five
Reel Rookie

Hulu’s website lists supported devices and in the list of Roku devices “Roku Streambar” is not there.  Unless I am not reading or understanding it correctly, that means it is not supported.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.