Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio drops out when changing apps or channels within an app or when commercials start

About to throw my Ultra in the trash, drop all of my Roku subscriptions,  and get an Apple TV or Chromecast.

When changing apps, or changing channels within an app, or going into or coming out of a commercial, the audio drops out and I have to turn the TV off and back on to get audio back.

This has been happening for years. It doesn't have anything to do with the app being used or audio settings [Dolby, standard stereo, etc.] or equipment [TV speakers, soundbar, etc.], or not updating software.

This is a Roku software and/or hardware fault and they know about it. Either the engineers can't figure out how to fix the problem or they have determined that the fix would be too costly and not enough people are complaining about it yet.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Audio drops out when changing apps or channels within an app or when commercials start

So this has been happening for years and this is the first time you posted about it? By now your Roku is out of warranty. What is the model number and which version of Roku is it using? Have you tried another HDMI cable? Another TV? What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.