Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IhaveaR_okuTv
Reel Rookie

AV Input with sound but no video

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV and I connected my Wii with a 3 input RCA to AV input adapter (#https://a.co/d/32M5JsA), the sound works but there's no video. Is there a reason why? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: AV Input with sound but no video

Jump to solution

@IhaveaR_okuTv Make sure the input adapter is firmly seated in the TCL Roku TV.  Check the yellow connection to the Wii.  It is possible you have a faulty connector.  These things are really cheaply made.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@IhaveaR_okuTv Make sure the input adapter is firmly seated in the TCL Roku TV.  Check the yellow connection to the Wii.  It is possible you have a faulty connector.  These things are really cheaply made.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You might also want to take the video output of the Wii and connect it to each of the three RCA connectors to see if you can get video in case the color codes are wrong.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
IhaveaR_okuTv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! I forgot to update it yesterday that I got it working, for some reason the adapter worked when I turned how it was put into the TV. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.