Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brooklyn_Autumn
Binge Watcher

Smart home app for android not connecting. Here's my response to the moderator

Jump to solution

Completely ridiculous she (the page moderator) made the post about the app for android being down and gives no how to when she says you can still access video feeds from the devices. No you can't. So many of us use wifi cameras and can ONLY access camera feeds from the app. Dumb Roku should have a TV app specifically to log in and use on our TV's and not require some streaming devices. Most of us don't even have a Roku TV. 

Also, these cameras have been constantly going off line and reconnecting for the last 2 weeks and have been resetting like every 15 min (no..it's not my Internet, so dint use that excuse). 

All this for what? We pay for this and they WON'T credit us either. It's almost time to switch to another security system. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Smart home app for android not connecting. Here's my response to the moderator

Jump to solution

We believe this issue is now resolved. We've updated the Smart Home app on Google Play and you should now be able to log in with the latest app. Please update your Smart Home app and try logging in again.

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as we believe this issue is now resolved, but please open a new thread if you're still experiencing an issue so that we can help. 

More info: [Resolved][Smart Home app] Android log in issue 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Melissa10
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart home app for android not connecting. Here's my response to the moderator

Jump to solution

Had 8 cameras three different homes I use them fory patients just cancelled all of them buying a different brand this has been going on like I said for weeks it's ridiculous 

Dianahen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You cannot view any camera use it has been two day and cameras are all unusable. What kind of **bleep** is this? 

Dianahen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is ridiculous you can't view any footage past or present even tho they say you can. Credit needs to go out to all those this affects. 

Bb90

Jump to solution

Yeah I'm cancelling this garbage. It's one thing to have these technical issues, it's a very different one to claim your junk is some how working and not working simultaneously. I'm out, and I'll be passing the word along. ✌️#rokusdumbhome

auto5120
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Totally agree and it's Sunday night 3/10/2024 at 11:12 pm going into Monday and still cannot sign in to turn on my 360 camera or view. Additionally, never get a honest answer from Roku 

Brooklyn_Autumn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's crazy but so predictable of their junk devices. Mine will alot of the times not even pick up a person that walks right by 8-10 ft away. Video quality is sh!t. A complete joke. Many times my cameras will pick up a car and say it's a person or it will say it's a person but then I'll look and nothing is there. No car, not a person, nothing. China junk. 

auto5120
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

First I had a problem with my 360 camera moving when not on or signed in. Roku wasn't truthful with that issue. So I unplugged the camera and now it's been 1 week. I plugged back in today and tried to sign in and it will not let me. So change my password and still cannot sign in. 😡 So what good are the cameras if no one can sign in to turn them on or view them 😡

Brooklyn_Autumn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yup and the footage quality AND live video quality is a joke. You'll see someone but you aren't going to see features enough to point them out in case something goes down. They say to do this or that and blah blah blah. They they always blame our own Internet connection and never take blame for sh!t quality cameras because they are trying to pass off to the buyers they are the best to get that money. These cameras are supposed to be 1080 (the ones I got) and I swear it's 480 quality. Then a person can walk right by like 8-10 ft away and not record sh!t. It's always something. 

0 Kudos
Brooklyn_Autumn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Make sure your gateway/router is switched to 2.4Ghz frequency. Some routers are set to 5Ghz or there's an option to do both 2.4 & 5. Also... Try using both android AND apple to sign in and see what works. If both don't, it's def their issue. If one device works but not another when signing in to view cameras, it's the whatever Device u try using that's the issue. With that said, they've been known to have android issues because they all suck at knowing how to code there to get these cameras to work with all devices. Then they do updates for devices but then cameras all reset back to some of the factory settings. The 2 way communication to talk to someone on the camera, visitors can't hear you at all depending what type of phone you're using. Roku always blames the phone but their junk isn't compatible with many phones. The wannabe tech people are just random twats answering messages and they don't know a thing tech wise.