Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epetrey

New indoor camera, notifications on, nothing coming through

Hello, I searched and didn’t see a good answer for this. We recently installed an indoor Roku camera and I can view it on my phone no problem. I checked in Roku and in phone settings and all notifications are turned to “on” but I’m still not getting notifications. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18

Re: New indoor camera, notifications on, nothing coming through

Mine too. Need answers!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@clarissacantu @Epetrey

Thanks for the posts.

Can you provide us a screenshot of your Roku mobile app that shows your notifications in the Roku Smart Home mobile app are enabled? In addition, have you made sure that push notifications are enabled within the mobile device for the Roku Smart Home app?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
consumerResearq
Reel Rookie

Yep never a single notification and all settings are correct for push notifications.  Would be nice if someone could help in person, theres no way to call and get tech support to help. Probably just bix it back up at return it since Roku clearly has a failty product. 

0 Kudos
consumerResearq
Reel Rookie

I reinstalled the smar home app and deleted all he rules. After deleting rules, notificaions started coming through. Maybe the rules interfere somehow, the setting s are confusing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@consumerResearq 

Thanks for the post.

I'm happy to hear that the notifications are working again. However, if you add a new rule, do you once again stop getting notifications from the Roku Smart Home Mobile app?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johnmcfarlandaz
Channel Surfer

Just bought an indoor camera. My old camera sent me notifications by email. Looks like notifications are sent to my phone through the app. I'm traveling to Mexico and have a limited data connection on my phone. Will I receive notifications and be able to view my home camera through the local carrier or do I have to be on a Wi-Fi connection?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@johnmcfarlandaz

Thanks for the inquiry.

You should receive notifications to your phone as long as your mobile device is connected to an internet connection.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rleatherwood1
Channel Surfer

I’ve been having the same problem not receiving any notifications. I tried deleting my rule, but they are still not working. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well as restarted the camera. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @rleatherwood1 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding notifications on the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Are the mobile notifications within the Roku Smart Home mobile app turned on? Can you provide us a screenshot of your Roku mobile app that shows your notifications in the Roku Smart Home mobile app are enabled? In addition, have you made sure that push notifications are enabled within the mobile device for the Roku Smart Home app?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos