Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ss19922015
Reel Rookie

How to schedule recording events?

I have the indoor cameras and I’m getting literally 100s of notifications every single day.

It was so bad that I had to set up a custom focus on my iPhone to stop my phone from dinging 300 times a day.

When I set the mute notifications schedule it just keeps sending the notifications anyway. It’s driving me crazy and it’s about to be a total deal breaker if I can’t stop them.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to schedule recording events?

Hi @Ss19922015,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!

Please be advised that only the Roku Outdoor Camera SE supports scheduled recording, which can only be stored on a micro SD card. You can configure the camera to record continuously or only when motion is detected.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ss19922015
Reel Rookie

@RokuJohnB 

So, we can’t keep it from recording during certain times?

If that’s the case then what is the incentive for me to not go back to Wyze?

0 Kudos
Ss19922015
Reel Rookie

@RokuJohnB 

Never mind. I went ahead and ordered some actual security cameras and will be getting off this platform. I don’t like that Roku has zero intention of giving people any control over their cameras and things simply not working as they should.

For anyone who comes across this, these cameras do not support RTSP and has everything behind a paywall.

Theres really no reason to leave Wyze or to not pick Wyze over Roku. The 10$ savings are not worth it.

If you want actual security though, go with a real security cam company like Reolink. Gotta give the Roku cameras a seriously firm hard pass here.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.