Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong channels showing available

I have just received my Roku express and I can’t get bbc or channel 4 or itv only American channels.

I specifically ordered this through Amazon Uk and on the box it shows itv etc 

whats going wrong? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
6E616D65
Roku Guru

Re: Wrong channels showing available

Is the Roku currently in the U.K.? That makes a difference.

0 Kudos

No it was posted to the Netherlands 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Are those Roku channels supported there?  How did you determine that? 

I ask the latter, because, since Roku itself does not support The Netherlands, it seems hard to tell what Roku channels might work there. When you use a Roku in an unsupported region, the answer seems to be: What you get is what you get.

Banned but back. Because why not?
6E616D65
Roku Guru

Read the fine print here: Amazon.co.uk: Roku

I'm seeing "Channels are subject to change and vary by country."

What you see on the box is just referring to content customers can expect to get in the region where it's being sold. Since they don't make it clear that those channels are not necessarily available outside the U.K., just return it for a refund. You shouldn't need a reason anyway.

Don't exchange it, it's working as expected if the content is restricted regionally. Buying it from Amazon U.K. won't change that.

You can check with BBC, ITV, etc. to confirm if their Roku channels are available in the Netherlands, I haven't checked.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.