Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why no 4k with Roku Ultra?

Jump to solution

If bypassing your AVR magically make 4K content appear with the Roku Ultra, then there's something amiss with the AVR. The VSX-534 supports 4K, but you have to make sure all the internal video processing is turned off. It sounds like the VSX-534 has some sort of processing enabled that is only outputting 1080 to your display. I have two different Yamaha AVRs, both with an Ultra connected, and both passthrough 4K video without a problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
garthcas
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Wow, stevem13, this sounds promising!  I'll give it a try!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
garthcas
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks atc98092.  I'll go through the settings again, and see if I can figure out how to turn off all internal video processing.

0 Kudos
Kiveysc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The ultra is garbage. Apple TV 4k, Chromecast, Google TV all work fine through the same hdmi port. Ultra refuses to pass 4k. Cheap 4k streaming stick passes just fine. Going back to using Apple TV 4k...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.