Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SickOfRowkoo
Channel Surfer

Who do you have to know to get a company response?

I contacted Roku through chat over a week ago (#9021562). The person tried to make it like I did something incorrectly in setup.

I have been on Roku for 3+ years, have purchased 5 units. 2 -2 ultras, 2 -4k+ (forgot models as was a gift) and a USB streaming stick. I KNOW HOW TO HOOKUP ROKU'S !!! 

I have a issue with a BRAND NEW ultra that has a volume up button that sticks..(Absolutely Nothing To do with the issue but it did kill time)this happened right out of the box. I purposely bought a older (NEW) model because the rechargeable remotes are horrendous. It's hard to find the ultras with removable batteries and next to IMPOSSIBLE to get a response from "Roku help"(sic). Anyone have any ideas on how to get more than a 20 minute chat that solved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING??. I'm going to start a thread on Reddit because I am not the only person dealing with silence from the company.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Who do you have to know to get a company response?

Hi there,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than delighted to assist you further with this issue that you are having with the Roku remote. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SickOfRowkoo
Channel Surfer

Troubleshooting steps?. There is nothing wrong with the ultra LT, it's brand new out of a sealed box. The only reason I replaced the streaming stick with the ultra was sometimes it would lag a little. It wasn't totally annoying but when I saw a ultra on sale at Christmas time I decided to buy it (along with 2 units for my son's house). I have been streaming for over 3 years, have hooked up or helped hook up at least 8 units. The up button on the remote sticks, if you don't catch it immediately and hit pause the volume will continue to get louder, until FULL VOLUME is achieved. Not the best scenario watching TV in bed LATE AT NIGHT. This isn't a software issue, this isn't a "unplug and wait 1 min issue" that I was told by Roku tech. It's a MECHANICAL ISSUE....PERIOD!!!. I wasted my time explaining this to the tech and he finally understood. He said someone would be in touch, 2 weeks later I still haven't heard zippety do dah. I have been using my phone as the remote which is super convenient, especially when having to use my fingerprint phone unlock, in a dark bedroom, without my glasses.....all to adjust the volume.

I am not an electronics newbie, my *dog could hook up a streaming device.

* Incedently, he wasn't impressed by customer service either 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and this is not what we aim for. We know how important it is to have a functional Roku remote to be connected to your Roku device. Please try these troubleshooting steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.
Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SickOfRowkoo
Channel Surfer

John,

Like I said, this isn't my first roku rodeo. Before I called customer service (sic), I already uninstalled/reinstalled remote from device...after I reset button in remote. This is starting to sound like back in the day when I was a beta user for AOL DSL. If you had a "Technical question", the first thing they would ask is "is the modem plugged in" followed by unplug and reset system. Someone that can build a computer from scratch and set up a home network with a firewall certainly knows to check for power and to reboot equipment.

The Roku works perfectly using the phone app. It also works fine using the remote from my original USB streaming stick - the features. The issue IS NOT A SOFTWARE ISSUE... IT'S not something that can be "reset" (tried and failed) IT'S A MECHANICAL ISSUE WITH THE REMOTE!!! The only reason I haven't just taken it back to the store I bought it from is the replacement they have is a newer model with the rechargeable remote that has more issues than my mother in-law. As you know they are full of there own problems. My question is....What is Roku going to do about it?.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there,

Thank you for the additional information!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SickOfRowkoo
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the lesson about private messages, didn't know much about the in-ter-net. Do I just address it to any " recipient" or is there a certain person 🤔.

The community you speak of, do you have to join that? Most companies just have a 800 # to call....this is a lot cooler. Will I learn the secret handshake 🤝 and get a decoder ring?. I thought you were just going to look up the # the other helpful person gave me, that way you would see that I gave the serial #already. You would also be able to cross reference said # with the online warranty registration,my account etc... this way seems much EASIER.

0 Kudos
SickOfRowkoo
Channel Surfer

One might even wonder why someone from rowkoo doesn't just send me a "private DM" to send said info that they already have? 🤨

0 Kudos