Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wbreason1
Reel Rookie

USING A DIFFERENT OS ON A ROKU TV

I have 6 Roku TV's and two systems plugged into other type TV's and a new wireless router.  Every TV and both devices have me locked into the " Are you in a Hotel or Dorm do-loop".  This is the second time in two years.  The fight is over... does anyone know if one can install a "Fire Stick" into the TV's USB port and go directly to those OS's, effectively bypassing this ridiculous inescapable do-loop that thinks one has left the country with the TV?  Roku won't answer the mail/email on this topic and it's time to abandon ship.  It's too bad, because I otherwise like Roku, but not when it wastes my time at this level.

Best Regards to the club!

Bill R.  Georgia.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: USING A DIFFERENT OS ON A ROKU TV

That's not possible, but you can plug a Firestick into an HDMI port and set up the TV to always power on to its input.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wbreason1
Reel Rookie

Thanks Reno... I thought firesticks were USB connected devices, but the HDMI port works for me as well.  If ROKU can't or won't fix the "hotel/dorm" issue, them I'm departing their interface OS.  Best, Bill.  USN, Retired

0 Kudos
formeruser

Actually yes you can, I did.  I won't agree to those new, ridiculous terms that I was forced to accept to even get in to MY TV.  So, a few days, some engineering, 40 years of software development, and a splash of Linux, and Roku OS is gone.  I don't know if it can be generalized or made easier, but it is absolutely possible.

Enter the activation code 

therokuchannel.com/link

0 Kudos