Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnpooley3
Reel Rookie

USB Updater Website Not Working

My 55S403 won't turn on today so I wanted to reflash the software via USB drive. The website https://tvupdate.roku.com/index?p=select will not click the first Next button after I've entered "TCL", "55S403", and the S/N. Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: USB Updater Website Not Working

You're entering the wrong Hardware ID.  You can find the correct one displayed under Settings->System->About.  It's four characters followed by an X.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
johnpooley3
Reel Rookie

Hi renojim, 

The TV doesn't work. I can't get into the settings app. I wouldn't need to reflash the firmware if the TV was working. Where can I find the Hardware ID for model 55S403 elsewhere? I called TCL and they had no semblance of a clue about the USB Updater. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You can try 7105X or 7122X and any S/N for a Roku device you might have, but I really doubt downloading the firmware will do you any good.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.