Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Roku stick on vacation

Have Roku 4k streaming stick. I have the NBA app on it and will purchase NBA league pass next month. I live in the Chicago suburbs. I will be residing at an Airbnb in Florida for the month of January and want to bring my Roku stick and remote with me. Their home has Wi-Fi.  Will I be able to plug it in hdmi port on their tv to get the Chicago Bulls games on league pass? I don’t know if it’s only connected to my home internet or will it work and connect to their Florida home? I don’t want to get there and then discover I can’t watch games. I also don’t know if it will automatically go to their tv channels (since mine are probably different at home) Any help will be appreciated as I’ve tried asking this a million ways and can’t seem to get an answer. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Taking Roku stick on vacation

@lindaglerum Your Roku streaming stick 4k will work in the Airbnb but you will have to connect to the wifi in the their home.  You will need access to the wifi and and be provided the password in order to connect your Roku device.  As far as local TV channels I believe it depends on your TV provider.  I use YouTube TV and when I am at my daughter's home I get her local channels which are different than mine.  There will be no effect on ESPN, NBA, NFL, etc...   Just make sure that the Airbnb wifi is not locked in some way and that the password will be accessable and you will be fine.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.