Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shantilla
Reel Rookie

Setup Roku streaming stick+ with no remote

I have two Roku streaming stick+ but only one remote.  The kids were using the second Roku and have lost the remote. Long story short I have the Roku that I am trying to set up on my network. Is it possible to set up a Roku from factory reset when there is no remote?  I have been struggling with this for about three days now.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Setup Roku streaming stick+ with no remote

Well if you hadn’t done the factory reset, then you could make the SSID and passphrase of the router match what was in the Roku before, but that ship has sailed.

Of course, there is the new remote option.  Amazon claims they can get one to me in as little as 90 minutes!  That may be location-dependent of course, and keep in mind that you need a real Roku Wi-Fi remote for a stick (which Amazon has).  (Non-stick Rokus can run from cheap third-party IR remotes.)

But since you have one remote, can’t your pair it to one Roku, set it up, pair a phone to it, then repair the remote to the next stick?  At least until you get another remote?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Shantilla
Reel Rookie

Good idea, I’ll use the existing remote and then re pair it back after I am done.  Thanks!   I couldn’t use the existing I do because the kids were using it at a different ip address 

0 Kudos
Shantilla
Reel Rookie

It worked! Thank you 😊 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

You're welcome!

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.