Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku won't work on new LG

Jump to solution

will roku tv work with LG MODEL NUMBER 42ln5300

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@elizabethrounds A Roku player will work with your TV just fine. A Roku TV is a TV that uses the Roku operating system. You already have a TV, so you don't want to get a Roku TV. You want a Roku player, which will connect to any of your HDMI ports. 

The LG 42LN5300 is a 1080 TV, not 4K. You can connect a 4K Roku player and use it without any problems. You just won't see content in 4K on your TV. The only Roku player that does not support 4K is the Roku Express, and I don't recommend that player. For just a little more, you can get a Roku Express 4K+, which supports dual band WiFi, is faster and comes with the WiFi Direct remote, so you don't have to have a clear line of sight to use the remote. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@elizabethrounds 

Roku will also work for your Emerson LC320EMI 720p television and for the same reasons already explained by @atc98092 .

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/i-have-a-emerson-2010-year-and-model-LC320EMI-wi...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

jdclaxton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I changed out HDMI cord.  It works fine now.  Wow, what a struggle I went through for such an easy fix.

0 Kudos