Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbunko

Roku won't acknowledge my account and it can't decide if I have wifi or not.

For 3 days I have been frustrated by roku.  It tells me I have an excellent connection to wifi then It tells me there is no connection.  I keep waiting for that email telling me I have an account but nothing.  I think there is something wrong with it.   Is this normal or should I return it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku won't acknowledge my account and it can't decide if I have wifi or not.

Hello @cbunko,

Thanks for reaching out here regarding this concern.

Your statement shows you're currently in the setup and activation phases. If the email you meant that wasn't sent to your inbox was the activation link, kindly try resending the activation link and double-checking your email's spam and/or junk folders, as it could be misrouted in those. Please note that the activation link in the email will only last for 30 minutes. Alternatively, kindly try entering a new active email address. Once you receive the activation link, it will give you instructions for creating an account. This support article will guide you further on activating your device.

The internet connection issue is quite vague, so we'd appreciate a photo or some elaborative information on this one.

We hope to hear back from you soon.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos