Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hummingbird95
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku ultra never turns off (light stays on constantly)

Jump to solution

Agree! The light on my older Roku Ultra box would dim and turn off. This new one stays on constantly. I had to remove it from my bedroom and put my older one back in bc the light was waking me up. They need a fix for this. 

0 Kudos
hummingbird95
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Considering returning mine too. I just bought it last Saturday. Hate the light. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hummingbird95,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku Ultra, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please be aware that Roku streaming players are low-power devices that are designed to remain on and always connected to the internet. There is no "power button" to press on or off. In addition, a permanent connection also allows your Roku player to download new OS software and channel updates automatically without interrupting your use of the player.

We suggest enabling a feature called auto power savings that allows a selected Roku Ultra model to enter a low-power mode after sitting idle for 20 minutes (meaning it is not streaming content or being controlled by a remote or mobile app). A player in this state will "wake up" when the TV is turned on or a button is pressed on the remote.

To learn more, including which players support this feature, check out the article that explains how to disable auto-power savings on your Roku streaming player.

We hope you'll find this information useful. Please let us know if you still have any concerns or questions.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos