Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmdoozer
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen and remote won't sync help

After Roku sent me a new remote to try, I found out I was sold a TV with a broken infrared sensor and no manual buttons. There is no fix if that is your problem, unfortunately. I will never be purchasing anything from Roku again.

Trying to get Walmart to take back a broken TV that they sold to me was a nightmare.

0 Kudos
CorgBee

My Roku Ultra model: 4670X suddenly stopped working on WIFI . It would not find any available WIFI networks, even though there are at least 6 networks within range. I did a factory reset and am unable to advance past the "select language" stage of setup. I believe that you are correct in that the Roku WIFI antenna must be operating in order to complete the setup. Thanks for helping me confirm the issue with my Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@CorgBee, I don't know if Wi-Fi must be working to get through the setup, but your 4670 came with a Wi-Fi direct remote, so it must be working for the remote to work.  If you can use a wired connection and an IR remote you may be able to salvage some use out of it.  If you can get through the setup you could also use the app on your phone/tablet as a remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Haley8924

Mine is doing that too where it's stuck on language setup but the remote works. It turns the TV on and off. Just won't let me select english.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Haley8924, I assume you don't have a Roku TV.  It would help to know the model number of your Roku device written on it somewhere.  For the devices that come with the remote that has TV controls those controls are completely separate from the Roku controls and the remote must be paired to the Roku device.  Find the pairing button on the back or inside the battery compartment and press and hold it until the green LED starts flashing.  Unplug the power from the Roku for a few seconds and plug it back in.  Once it reboots it should find the remote.  Make sure you have good batteries and keep it close to the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Toastyload

Hey, I just wanted to thank you for saving me a ton of time and cursing. I had absolutely no idea that the Roku voice remote has a pairing button under the lid in the battery compartment. I was just about ready to go to Walmart after I found someone who has a truck and get another 70". I look at the screen and I am constantly saying, that's a big TV. Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  The screen is stuck on the pictures of pairing.  I held the small button under the battery lid, it went steady lit, and then NOTHING has happened since. Frozen even after plugging and unplugging etc.

Why can't I call and talk to someone? 

I have spent hours reading and following directions and suggestions. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@9422 You didn't tell us what model Roku you have but if it has a button on the device to do a factory reset do that.  If that doesn't work post the model number of your Roku device and someone may be able to help you.

0 Kudos

Hi, me again.  I solved the problem after hours and hours of persistence. NEW BATTERIES! I know this is basic and I did put what I thought were new batteries in the remote. Actually I ended up throwing away 6 batteries that did not work.  I opened a brand new, fresh bought package and it did the trick. 

Here's hope for you. 

0 Kudos
hearme
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stuck on set up language screen remote won't sync help

My new Roku was stuck like yours, tried all suggestions, was ready to return it.

Finally found the problem. We have multiple Roku players in our house, I had disconnected all players and removed batteries from all remotes, remembered that I had plugged in the new Roku before I had

had disconnected everything completely. Checked my 'Settings' in the menu of my older Roku, went to

'Remote' and there it showed that it had '2' active remotes connected!

Deleted 1 of them,  disconnected the player, took batteries out of that remote, went back to the TV I was setting up, it started 'pairing remote' right away.   

Never saw this suggestion by anyone, So I hope this helps.

0 Kudos