Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Polnud77
Reel Rookie

Roku express with hdmi/scart converter

Jump to solution

I have a Roku express stick.  I have it connected to a HDMI/SCART converter plus a SCART to AV adapter.  When connected to my TV AV port it is stuck with the bouncing Roku logo.  Then after a few seconds it cycles to what I can best describe as a vertical multi-coloured test card and back to the logo.  If I plug the Roku into the HDMI port on the TV it loads correctly and I am able to start watching one of the streaming app programmes.  If I then switch back to the AV input the stream continues without fault.  I can use an Amazon fire stick through the AV connection without a problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Polnud77
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express with hdmi/scart converter

Jump to solution

I have taken on board your reply.  Both the Roku and Amazon when plugged into the unpowered converter appeared to supply power to the unit as its power LED was illuminated.  When I connected the independent power to the unit both sticks performed correctly.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Polnud77

Thanks for the post.

If you are not experiencing an issue with connecting the Roku device through HDMI but through a converter, this would indicate that the issue would be with the converter and not through the Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Polnud77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have taken on board your reply.  Both the Roku and Amazon when plugged into the unpowered converter appeared to supply power to the unit as its power LED was illuminated.  When I connected the independent power to the unit both sticks performed correctly.  Thanks.

0 Kudos