Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra won't recover

Hello,

My Roku Ultra was in recovery mode when I turned on the TV. I first tried the physical reset button. No go. 

Tried to update via recovery mode. Nope. Tried to restart via recovery mode. Nada. Tried factory reset via recovery mode. Nothing. Each time the system tries to reboot three times before going into recovery mode. I am able to reconnect to Wi-Fi each time. 

I just tried the unit on a different TV with a new HDMI cable. Unfortunately I do not have a USB power cord to try that route. But if the unit is able to do as much as it is with the existing power cord, lacking power doesn't seem to be the issue.

I even inserted a blank microSD trying to confuse the system into opening a different screen.

If anyone has had this same issue did trying a fiber connection shock the unit into booting up? 

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. 

Cheers!

Cameron

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1

Re: Roku Ultra won't recover

Same happened today. Did same reboots/restarts without success. Strange that it happened on same day. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.