Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quten

Roku Ultra use w/ AVR unit

I have a network hardwired Ultra w/ HDMI to my AVR then using my OLED as the monitor to the HDMI monitor out of the AVR.

Is this a Roku thing, or is it my monitor/AVR, but every time I'm streaming a show and an ad comes on, and in between ads, or when it's a service that "jumps to preview" when you select a show/movie (e.g. freevee).

My TV goes blank 5 sec, gives me a connection lost-check HDMI message, blank again, then shows ad 1, then repeat. It's awfully annoying!

Sometimes the stream drops altogether and I find I'm back to to show menu. Sometimes the roku just reboots!

Does this happen to everyone and it's a roku thing? Do all streaming devices/appliances to this?

Wondering if it's me and my set-up, or just the way it is.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra use w/ AVR unit

Do you have Frame Rate Matching turned on in the advanced settings of the Roku?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra use w/ AVR unit

As @andyross mentioned, that sounds like framerate matching. That will happen with any device that switches framerates based on the media content. It happens with my Nvidia Shields as well. 

As far as being kicked back to the home screen or the Roku rebooting, that is not normal or expected. But odds are it's a flaw in the app/channel being used, and not something specific to the Roku OS. Of course, if it happens with multiple channels, then perhaps there's something else amiss with your Roku. I have two Ultras connected to AVRs (4640 and 4800) and both work without issues. The 4800 is connected wirelessly, which gives me a much faster network connection for playing my local media.  

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos