Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Streaming in Australia

I have several Telstra TV boxes powered by Roku.

I have been advised that Telstra TV is finishing. (Telstra moving to Fetch)

But can the Telstra boxes still be used to connect to Streaming Apps such as Britbox or Paramount Plus etc?

Would that require any tweaking?

Thanks in advance for some "good news", hopefully

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
pxc

Re: Roku Streaming in Australia

I would also be interested if the Telstra roku boxes will still operate after telstra disconinues Telstra TV. I assume they need to login somewhere, which means they may not work if the loghin server is run by telstra.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I'm fairly certain your Telstra boxes will become paperweights.  They don't have access to the Roku channel store and won't have any way to update their software.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CRM-114

Hmm, I noticed the TTV boxes have a usb port. Some Roku TVs  software can be updated via the usb port.

If Telstra wants to walk away fine, but it would seem poor form by Roku not to "rescue"our boxes (and loyal customers) given they are producing app for the Australian market.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.