Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

My roku stick was working fine last night but this morning it's saying no signal.  I even tried switching my bedroom roku stick, which is working,,with my living room tv and it's still saying no signal

0 Kudos
Shaneyoung
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Geez. How very annoying. I don’t have sticks but was having the same trouble with various roku boxes (roku ultra lt, roku ultra 2017, and roku ultra 2018), was told by “advanced support” that it was a compatibility issue with my old (Sony Bravia) tv, but then told it was a hardware issue and they offered to swap for me. I would try hot-swap with tv on, if no luck try a factory reset, if that too doesn’t work, dm RokuDanny-R and ask him directly. (Find his profile and scroll almost all the way down where it says “send a direct message” on his profile page. 
good luck. 🙏

0 Kudos
Useraddict
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, my Roku 4 was working fine, but for some reason, I changed the viewing settings from "auto-detect" to 4k at 30 fps.  When I did the test to confirm that resolution would work on my TV, it worked.  Then it went to black and nothing is on the screen now.  I've tried unplugging for a long period of time, but when I plug it back in, nothing but black or "no signal".  Again, everything was working just fine before I did this, so I know it's not faulty cables or anything like that.  I would do a reset, but I can't get to the screen to choose that option.  I also have tried the method described where you touch buttons on your remote, but that didn't work.  I don't know what else to do.  Please help.

0 Kudos
Useraddict
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Also, I see where you have told others to send you a private message with all the info you requested, but I can't figure out how to send you a private message.

0 Kudos
Useraddict
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok, I see how to DM you now, so I've done that with the questions answered that you requested.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have purchased a Roku Express - Device ID: S008307TE7R3 & it’s connected via HDMI to a Vizio - it reads Retrieving Data, then goes to No Signal. What is the problem? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rnkayla1219

Thanks for the post.

Is there a light on the Roku device? Have you tried using another HDMI cable as well as using another HDMI port on the TV to see if that resolves the issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vcw1

Jump to solution

Obviously the "no signal" is an ongoing issue for many folks and a Roku Stick product defect. 

My Vizio TV is only six months old and my new Roku stick about two months.  Everything works fine for about 5 -10 minutes then loses the signal and  the lost signal screen shows for about 30-45 seconds then comes right back on all on it's own.  Very annoying!! 

I have tried different HDMI ports multiple times and have checked multiple times that everything is securely connected.  It is almost like the roku has an "electrical short".  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@vcw1

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bkdillon

Jump to solution

I have the same exact problem, can you help me?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.