Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TARYNAICH
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + "No Signal" - Tried EVERYTHING!!

Jump to solution

I too have tried 'EVERYTHING"--very frustrating ROKU sucks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I think that Roku’s software does not communicate with some older TV’s.  I bought a roku express for a friend and it would not work on his TV.  We, too, tried everything.  All we could get was “no signal”.   I took the new one home, hooked it up to my tv and it worked perfectly.  I gave him my old roku and that worked fine on his older TV.  Roku needs to have some older models that will work with older TVs.  Their new models do not work with all TVs with an HDMI cable or USB port in the case of a streaming stick as stated in their product description.

C’mon ROKU, you have a good product, but you need to have several different models to work with different year TV’s.  Your ROKUS cannot communicate with all TV’s as stated over and over in these comments.
0 Kudos
Rob2020
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here is some information about my setup:

1. I’ve had my Roku Streaming Stick for almost 3 yrs., it’s  attached to the HDMI 1 port on the back of my TV

2. I have a fairly old Sony TV (but new enough to have 2 HDMI ports on the back)

3. I am using only the cables included with my Roku to connect it to my TV and the power source

4. I have tried it plugged directly into a wall socket and when that didn't work, I plugged it into a power strip—neither one seems to make a difference

5. The Streaming Stick + power light is on

6. The remote is working fine

Is it something related to my WiFi? Would that even impact my TV not recognizing my Streaming Stick? I have no idea what to do to fix this. I have read multiple other threads on this subject, but I've already tried all of the recommended fixes and nothing works for me. Please help!! Thank you!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I had the same issues.  I came to the conclusion that some older TV’s are not compatible with ROKU software.   If you can get your hands on an older model ROKU, it might work.  That’s what I did.  

Good luck.  I know how frustrating this is.  ROKU needs to make different models for different TV’s.  Or make their older model ROKU’s available. 
0 Kudos
craigjor52

Roku Stick displays "bouncing Roku" logo for about 10 seconds then tv screen goes to "no signal"

Jump to solution

After a power up or a reset my Roku stick will display the bouncing roku icon for about 10 seconds. after that is seems like to hdmi output of the roku goes dead because my tv display says "no signal".  Can any help me solve this problem.  This roku stick is less than 1 year old.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Stick displays "bouncing Roku" logo for about 10 seconds then tv screen goes to &

Jump to solution

@craigjor52 

Thanks for the post.

Please feel free to send me a private message with the following information:
-Roku account email address
-Roku model and number
-Roku device/serial number (found on the device)
-what TV brand and model number you are plugging the device into
-are you using an AVR in your setup? If so, what brand and model?

Once I have that information, I'll be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ychapre

Re: Roku Stick displays "bouncing Roku" logo for about 10 seconds then tv screen goes to &

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I am facing the same problem. My roku device started giving no signal message suddenly. This seems like its due to a software update since i got an email from ROKU regarding the update about 10 days back and this problem started to happen afterwards. Please let us know the solution.

Regards,

Yogi

0 Kudos
beandme

Re: No signal

Jump to solution

Hi!

My Roku Premiere was working fine but a couple of days ago stopped working. No light, no bouncing letters. It just says WEAK or NO SIGNAL

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
qwenbee

Re: streaming stick has no signal

Jump to solution

Hello Danny, 

I have tried all of your suggestions and my streaming stick Roku serial number  5556AK500935 still does not work. This SN is on the USB. I am not able to load Sling at all. I am getting the message "no signal". However, I have a different model in my home and it works perfectly on all of my TV's. This Roku was working until 3:00 am and then at 7:40 am it stopped.

My account is [personal information removed] I do not know the model number. It also has a reset button on the side of the USB, but it does nothing.

Thank you in advance for your prompt assistance.

Jacqueline Andress

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ychapre @beandme @qwenbee 

Thanks for the post.

Is there a light shown on the device? How are you powering the device? Is the device being powered by the TV USB port or is the device plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cable and adaptor? Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV to see if that resolves the issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos