Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gslater
Reel Rookie

Roku 4k + Streaming stick will not pair with the Roku rechargeable remote.

Roku 4k + Streaming stick will not pair with the Roku rechargeable remote. i have tried everything that the instructions and the community forum has suggested.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 4k + Streaming stick will not pair with the Roku rechargeable remote.

Are you using the supplied USB cable with bump in it? Because that is what the remote communicates with not the stick itself. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
gslater
Reel Rookie

yes, i am using the usb cable with the bump in it.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @gslater

Thank you for the post!

If your Roku 4K+ streaming stick is not pairing with the Roku rechargeable remote, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check the batteries: Make sure the batteries in the Roku rechargeable remote are fully charged and inserted correctly. You can also try replacing the batteries with fresh ones to see if that helps.
  • Check the pairing button: The pairing button on your Roku streaming stick and the rechargeable remote need to be pressed to pair them. Make sure you are pressing the pairing button on the streaming stick and holding it down for at least three seconds. Then, press and hold the pairing button on the remote until the pairing process is complete.
  • Restart your Roku streaming stick: Press the Home button on your remote, then go to Settings > System > System restart and select "Restart." This will restart your Roku streaming stick and may help resolve the pairing issue.
  • Reset the Roku rechargeable remote: If the remote is not responding at all, you can try resetting it to its factory settings. Remove the batteries from the remote, then hold down the pairing button for at least 20 seconds. Release the button, then reinsert the batteries and try pairing the remote again.
  • Unpair and repair the remote: If the remote was previously paired with another Roku device, you may need to unpair it first before pairing it with your Roku streaming stick. Go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remote > Pair remote and follow the prompts to unpair the remote. Then, try pairing it again with your Roku streaming stick.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.