Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlislelv

ROKU ULTRA AND SOUNDCORE HEADPHONES

I use a 1Mii bluetooth transmitter to connect to my Soundcore wireless headphones. The 1Mii transmitter is connected by an optical link from my LG TV.  Prior to buying a Roku Ultra I used a Roku Stick that plug into my HDMI 2 port on my tv.  My cable box is connected to the HDMI 1 port. I had no connection issues and could listen with my headphones to the programming that I wished to view.

My issue now with the Roku Ultra connected to the same port is that I can't use my headphones or my ear buds that I have paired up with 1Mii bluetooth transmitter.  They each deliver a loud, crackling hissing sound.  The only way I can listen to Roku content, other than the sound from the TV, is to use the headphones that plug into the remote.  

I first thought was when the headphones are plug into the remote, it turns the TV volume off.  Which I believe turns off the sound going thru the optical line from the TV to the 1Mii transmitter.  Thus the noise I hear.  However unplugging the headphones from the remote does not change the noise coming from the SoundCore headphones, 

Any suggestions - Reminder I didn't have this issue with the Roku Stick device

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.