Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Setting up my Roku Express 4K

I'm trying to set up my BRAND NEW Roku Express 4K, which I just bought today, and after plugging the Roku into my TV, putting the power brick in the wall, and turning it on, it began showing a white light, blinking twice every few seconds. On screen it just says "Let's get started" with a language selection option.

I've tried changing the batteries, changing power cables, reseting the device, and nothing is working? what should I do? get a new remote, or return the device entirely?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem with Setting up my Roku Express 4K

@poppafignewton 

If Factory Resetting the device (press and hold reset for 30+ seconds), and giving the remote control a good whack doesn't get you going, I would just return the whole unit for a new one.

You can get a cheap universal streaming IR remote from Walmart, Target, etc and see if that gets you through setup, but that would just narrow you down to Remote issue most likely.  Generally need to return the whole unit anyway to get a new remote.

These devices are supposed to be plug and play.  If an issue develops early during setup, best just to replace the device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos