Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apatwx

No sound on Roku Ultra streaming

Jump to solution

I have Roku streaming (Roku Ultra)from a Yamaha V6A receiver in another room. I am using an HDMI extender to connect between rooms.  I’m using the remote via the Roku app.  The connections appear to be good including Ethernet and I am getting video in TV room and have no issues using the app remote but no audio through the stereo.  I can get audio via headphones.   I have not set up the IR cables  yet to allow me to control the stereo features.  Any ideas on how to get audio for surround sound?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound on Roku Ultra streaming

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @apatwx!

It is with great pleasure to further assist you in setting up surround sound on your Roku Ultra streaming device. 

Firstly, may we know if this is your first time setting up a surround sound on your Roku Ultra? If so, we've got you covered!

All the movies and TV shows accessible through your Roku streaming player are available in stereo; however, some are also available in surround sound. Although most Roku streaming players do not decode surround sound formats such as Dolby Digital Plus or DTS, they can pass through the signal to an audio/video receiver (AVR), soundbar, or TV, that is capable of decoding surround sound. 

To learn more about this, kindly follow the instructions provided in our Support article: How to set up your Roku® streaming player for surround sound.

We'll be anticipating your update! Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound on Roku Ultra streaming

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @apatwx!

It is with great pleasure to further assist you in setting up surround sound on your Roku Ultra streaming device. 

Firstly, may we know if this is your first time setting up a surround sound on your Roku Ultra? If so, we've got you covered!

All the movies and TV shows accessible through your Roku streaming player are available in stereo; however, some are also available in surround sound. Although most Roku streaming players do not decode surround sound formats such as Dolby Digital Plus or DTS, they can pass through the signal to an audio/video receiver (AVR), soundbar, or TV, that is capable of decoding surround sound. 

To learn more about this, kindly follow the instructions provided in our Support article: How to set up your Roku® streaming player for surround sound.

We'll be anticipating your update! Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.