Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kroodes17
Reel Rookie

No signal to TV from Express 4k+

My Express 4k+ (3941x) will power on but will not work properly. I have rebooted the device several times. The screen with the dancing “R-O-K-U” will appear on my TV when the device is powered on, but when the device should go to the home screen, the display shows “no signal” instead.

I have tried using the device with two different HDMI cables in all three of the HMDI ports on the TV and get the same results. I have also plugged our different Roku devices into the TV and they work properly.

Pressing and holding the factory reset button on the back of the device does not change anything.

I am also able to find our other two Roku devices using the Roku mobile app but I cannot find this Express 4k+ with the app. This makes me think there is a hardware issue with the device related to its network connectivity.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No signal to TV from Express 4k+

If you're using the TV's USB port for power, try the supplied power adapter (or vice versa, for that matter).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kroodes17
Reel Rookie

I do have it powered by the adapter not the TV.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @Kroodes17,

Thanks for the response!

We'd like to learn more about this and and determining the best way to get you up and running.

To better understand this, we'll need additional information about it. When did you start seeing the issue occur? What are the steps that led you to this behavior?

Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then trying again to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

Let us know more about this so that we can make strong suggestions about it.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kroodes17
Reel Rookie

Hi. I haven’t tried an alternate network. I will try and let you know. Although do you think that that could be the case that it’s a problem with the network? No other device on our network is having connection or functionality issues. This started happening about 2 or 3 days before I made the initial post. All I did was turn on the Roku and the TV as usual and it began to act this way.

0 Kudos
Watcher4now
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same problem as you are/were. Did you ever solve it?

Thanks, Patty

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Watcher4now,

Thanks for your post.

May we know how you are powering your device? Also, what provided fixes have you tried so far? Do you happen to have another TV that we can hook the Roku Express into and see if the same issue occurs?

Please keep us in the loop.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Watcher4now
Reel Rookie

Hello,

Thank you in advance for trying to solve my Express 4K+ issues. I purchased the Roku in July 2022. I started having issues within a few months. When I would attempt to watch a program, the picture would flash on/off. I would unplug the HDMI from the TV. When I plugged back in the program would come back on and work fine. I erroneously thought my TV was getting too old (Samsung 2009). Then I started getting the low power message from Roku. I would unplug the TV and the ROKU. After I plugged all back in it would work. Now the message is NO signal from HDMI input the Roku is plugged into. I have tried changing the HDMI cord, plugging into other TV HDMI inputs and replacing the USB cord. I have plugged the USB into the TV and into an electrical outlet. I finally  connected an older ROKU 3 I have into the Samsung 2009 and it works perfectly. I connected the Express 4K + into a newer Visio smart tv. It gets stuck at the dancing ROKU letters. Then a message appears that there is no signal from the HDMI the Express is plugged into. I have tried a factory reset but the blue light just continues to stay lit..no flashing light.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Watcher4now,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku Express 4K+. Please connect the USB cord to an adapter and connect the adapter directly to the wall outlet and not at the back of the TV or a power strip in order to get sufficient power supply. You can check out this support article for more details on what to do if the red light is flashing or if you see a "low power" warning. Also, please ensure that you change the TV input by hitting the source or input on your TV remote and selecting the input where the Roku Express 4K is plugged in.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Watcher4now
Reel Rookie

The USB has always and still is plugged into an adapter and then  directly into an electrical wall outlet. I only tried using the TV USB as an experiment to see if there would be a difference. The Roku low power message appears intermittently on both the older and newer TV. The error message now is no signal from whatever input the ROKU is connected to.  I have tried changing the USB, adapter and HDMI cord and there is no difference. I have tried using different inputs and verified with the remote that the proper input is chosen for the ROKU HDMI and there is no difference. Do you know why the ROKU cannot be reset to factory setting? I have tried various methods to reset and ROKU light just remains solid white/blue. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.