Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leob1
Reel Rookie

No signal message on a Philips 3508 series TV with a Roku Express 3930.

Hello. I just bought a Roku Express 3930 and it didn't work on my Philips TV, model 39PFL3508G/78.

It detects a Roku device on any HDMI entry, but the result is always a "no signal" message.

I tried changing ports (and selecting the respective source on tv), plugging the USB cable on the TV or onto the wall.

Finally, it works on my other TCL tv just fine, but it's not the one I need it for. I even tried to set the resolution manually on the TCL tv, then bring the device back to the Philips tv, achieving no success.

Does someone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No signal message on a Philips 3508 series TV with a Roku Express 3930.

Hi @leob1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku Express. How are you powering your Roku device? Please make sure that you're selecting the correct source on your TV. Ensure that all cables are properly connected and firmly plugged in.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
leob1
Reel Rookie

It's plugged on the wall with the USB cable that came with the device and a tested power adapter. I double checked that I'm using the correct HDMI source.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @leob1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Kindly check the input or source of your TV remote and check HDMI 1, 2, or 3. Ensure that you have selected the correct HDMI input as to where your Roku Express is plugged on the back of your TV.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos